At Austin Area Birthing Center, we believe in providing exceptional comfort and care to our families.
Since 1987, we've been Austin's most innovative and inspiring choice for pregnancy, prenatal care, natural childbirth, and postpartum care in a luxurious and comfortable setting. We pioneered the birth center concept in the United States and then took it to a higher level. When you deliver at AABC, you're joining thousands of empowered and healthy women who have partnered with our experienced midwives to create joyful, natural birth events. We know for a fact that this type of birth has lifelong positive effects on a mother's bond with her baby as well as her self-esteem.
AABC is the only accredited birthing center in Central Texas and is in-network with most insurance providers.
Check out what happening at AABC everyday by heading to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/austinareabirthingcenter or click on the icon at the top of this page.
With over 5,600 fans talking about AABC everyday, Facebook is one of the best places to join our very active community of families!
Austin Area Birthing Center offers safe, affordable, quality care throughout your pregnancy, including lab work, routine prenatal visits, and caring communication.
- Austin ABC is the only birthing center in Central Texas that is accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers.
- We've delivered over 5,900 babies in our 27 years in business.
- We have more masters degree midwives than any other birthing center in Texas, as well as a formal backup agreement with Seton hospitals, the UT Physicians group and a private OB practice. We also have
European midwives and state licensed midwives, creating an open, educated and caring team that is the first of its kind nationwide.
- Our team approach to midwifery care insures that our professional staff can benefit from their colleagues’ experience and insights. That means better and safer care.
- Austin ABC bridges the gap between hospital deliveries and home care.
- We're in-network with most health insurance providers in Central Texas. If you don't have insurance, our services are very affordable for self-pay clients.
- We pioneered the practice of water birth in Central Texas by giving mothers this option for over 27 years.
- We offer nitrous oxide for pain management during childbirth.
- We create a community experience for AABC families with the wide range and number of free classes we offer, including prenatal and postpartum yoga, baby centering, "Birth In A Nutshell", Baby Love infant massage and new mom support, and Toddler Love.
Learn about AABC through Zane’s Story
Our Austin Birth Locations
Austin ABC has two locations serving Central Texas, each providing our moms and their families a comfortable, private, home-like environment designed from the ground up by architects and interior designers working closely with our team of midwives. Each of our six birthing suites (three in each location) has a large birthing tub as well as private, high-end bathroom facilities, ensuring that our clients don’t have to share these amenities with other families. Austin ABC's William Cannon location also has a kitchenette in each birthing suite while our Duval Rd. location has a shared kitchen in the birthing wing. Our services cost many times less than hospital deliveries and we are in-network with most major health insurance providers.
Austin Area Birthing Center serves Central Texas communities, including Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bastrop, Leander, Hutto, Jarrell, Manchaca, Dripping Springs, Buda, Kyle and San Marcos.
Imagine a beautiful birth. Austin Area Birthing Center wants to be your partner in making that a reality.