Austin Texas Midwife & Birthing Services
At Austin Area Birthing Center, we believe in providing the safest natural childbirth experience. Since 1987, AABC has proven that healthy women have the ability to birth naturally and safely when partnered with our experienced and empowering midwives. We know for a fact that this type of birth has lifelong positive effects on a mother's bond with her baby as well as her self-esteem.
AABC pioneered the birth center concept in the United States. And we've received special commendation from The National Commission for Accrediation of Birthing Centers, which recently informed AABC that we have the best safety statistics of any accredited birthing center in the state of Texas.
Why Choose AABC?
- Austin ABC is the only birthing center in Central Texas that is accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers.
- We've delivered over 5,400 babies in our almost 27 years in business.
- We have more masters degree midwives than any other birthing center in Texas, as well as a formal backup agreement with Seton hospitals, the UT Physicians group and a private OB practice. We also have
European midwives and state licensed midwives, creating an open, educated and caring team that is the first of its kind nationwide.
- Our team approach to midwifery care insures that our professional staff can benefit from their colleagues’ experience and insights. That means better and safer care.
- Austin ABC bridges the gap between hospital deliveries and home care.
- We're in-network with most health insurance providers in Central Texas. If you don't have insurance, our services are very affordable for self-pay clients.
- We pioneered the practice of water birth in Central Texas by giving mothers this option for over 26 years.
- We offer nitrous oxide for pain management during childbirth.
- We create a community experience for families with the wide range and number of free classes we offer, including prenatal and postpartum yoga, baby centering, "Birth In A Nutshell", Baby Love infant massage and new mom support, and Toddler Love.
Learn about AABC through Zane’s Story
Our Austin Birth Locations
Austin ABC has two locations serving Central Texas, each providing our moms and their families a comfortable, private, home-like environment designed from the ground up by architects and interior designers working closely with our team of midwives. Each of our six birthing suites (three in each location) has a large birthing tub as well as private, high-end bathroom facilities, ensuring that our clients don’t have to share these amenities with other families. Austin ABC's William Cannon location also has a kitchenette in each birthing suite while our Duval Rd. location has a shared kitchen in the birthing wing. Our services cost many times less than hospital deliveries and we are in-network with most major health insurance providers.
Austin Area Birthing Center serves Central Texas communities, including Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bastrop, Leander, Hutto, Jarrell, Manchaca, Dripping Springs, Buda, Kyle and San Marcos.
Imagine a beautiful birth. Austin Area Birthing Center wants to be your partner in making that a reality.