When you choose Austin Area Birthing Center for your birth experience, you get far more than just a state of the art facility to have your new baby, you get to be part of a supportive community that sees you from pregnancy through delivery and into your child’s early years.
A clear advantage to choosing Austin ABC is the wide array of classes (including toddler classes), included for free as part of your birthing fee, that help you make the most of your relationship with your child.
One of our most popular classes is the Crawler and Toddler Love class for parents and children up to age two. Click here to see the class schedule.
Play is Important in Toddler Classes
Young children need a variety of play to properly stimulate them – this includes solitary play, play with other children and play with parents. Your toddler benefits from one-on-one interactivity with you and this can sometimes be a challenge in a busy home, especially if you have more than one child. Austin ABC’s Toddler class allows you to interact meaningfully with your little one as you enjoy movement, songs and fun.
Play Develops the Baby Brain
There is a clear link between play and development of the brain, social and motor skills and the earliest months and years are the most critical for brain development. Kids that don’t engage in a quantity and variety of gross motor activities won’t reach their brain power potential. Play is the critical pathway for your toddler to develop their imagination, intelligence and language. Our toddler classes help your toddler get off to the right start.
The Benefits of Play for Your Child During Toddler Classes
Play helps develop neural connections and speed up synapses in the brain. The most important motor skills development takes place before age five. Other benefits of toddler play include:
- Increased muscle strength, coordination and bone density that improves lifelong health
- Lays the groundwork for ongoing physical activity which lessens the risk of obesity
- Improves memory and the growth of the cerebral cortex of the brain
- Triggers secretion of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) essential to brain cell growth
- Helps development of language skills
- Promotes problem solving skills
- Encourages development of self-regulation and reasoning skills
The Benefits of Play for You
Play isn’t just good for your baby, it’s good for you too. Toddler class isn’t something you do for your little one, it’s something you do with your little one that also benefits you. Some of the benefits include:
- Space to calm and focus yourself without life’s distractions
- Stress relief through release of endorphins as you play
- Stimulating your mind and boosting your creativity
- Strengthening the parent-child bond
- Boosting your energy
- Having fun with your child
- Creating an on-going connection with other parents
To find out more about the holistic birthing experience you can enjoy at the Austin Area Birthing Center, contact us for a tour of our Duval or Wm Cannon and Manchaca locations.
We offer award-winning maternal care for one affordable all-inclusive birthing fee which includes all your prenatal care, postnatal support and a wide array of classes including the Crawler and Toddler Love class.
Call us in Duval at (512) 346-3224 or our South location at (512) 243-8066.